"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Travel Depression

When we decided to take the dogs with us up north to my sister's wedding, it was really because I thought it would be easier on them coming with us than to stay home and have a stranger watch them.

Plus, I was really concerned about Topaz with the seizures. The last thing I needed was to be 4 hours away and have my poor puppa have a seizure without us there to comfort him and help.

He had a good time in the car it seemed, but when we got to this motel room (which was essentially a tiny, cramped apartment) he started to act a little down.

I was really worried about him there...moreso than I would be at home even. He wasn't acting like he was going to have a seizure, he was just really not acting himself. Which always brings me to keep a close eye on him.

Unfortunately we did have to keep them in the room alone for long stretches of time, but I thought that just being with us for part of it would be good.

His whole mood changed once we got home though...it took a couple days, but he is now back to normal.

0 comments: