"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Smell Again

My husband and I went out for a few hours tonight. We left at like 5:30/6:00 and came back right away...we bought a chest freezer to keep the dogs' food in so we wanted to set it up. At this time I fed the dogs a little bit...not their whole meal, just something to tide them over until we returned home later in the evening. We still had to go to Costco, get dinner and go grocery shopping.

We ended up getting home at like 10:00 pm or so.

Well when I let topaz out, the room had that seizure smell to it. It was that way earlier in the week one night too. His blanket in his cage was also wet. But his muzzle wasn't. The last time it happened it was the same thing...wet blanket, no wet muzzle. I always check when I smell that smell.

We were gone for a number of hours. It's possible that his muzzle could have dried...

I don't know what to think. I don't want to call anything a seizure unless I know it is one, but this is just odd. Maybe he peed in his cage? I don't know

We're not going to call the vet unless we actually see a seizure happen, which I hope to God we don't. But if we do need to call the vet, I will let them know of the two incidences this week.

He has been pretty drugged up all week since he had that loading dose of the potassium bromide. He's doing much better now.

We also have been letting him sleep in our room again at night. It's better if he has a seizure and he's in his cage at night, but at least I will wake up and can be right there.

Anyways, just wanted to document and update.

0 comments: