"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Potassium Bromide

We got Topaz's Potassium Bromide today and will be starting it tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. He has to go in for a blood level check in 3 weeks and then his PB will probably be adjusted.

I'm not looking forward to new side effects with this medicine. But, am hopeful that this is the medicine that he needs to being seizure free long term.

I'll keep the blog posted!

*ON a personal note...I really need to work on the fact that there just may not be a trigger for Topaz's seizures and that I may not be able to change anything to make him better. I need to realize that he's probably always going to have these seizures and that we're doing all that we can for him.

0 comments: