"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Food Changes & Back on Meds

Antibiotic meds that is…I started getting nervous because I didn’t really see any change with the Apis, so I started him back on the Keflex and we added the Amoxicillin on 7/2 at night. We gave the Apis a good 24 hours. I should have probably given it 48, but I felt so bad because his face was so swollen and I wanted him to get some relief.

We’ve been on giving him the pills and the swelling has actually gone down a bit.

I just hope we can keep it that way and he hangs tight till surgery day. Then i can worry about that…ugh.

12 more days till surgery day.

Ok…so food changes:

Topaz hasn’t been taking his pills well in the usual breakfast mix (Oma’s Pride Turkey Mix, Oma’s Pride 5-Way Veggie mix, & canned pumpkin). He doesn’t really like canned pumpkin and will spit it out onto the floor, so we really try not to give him spoonfuls with the least amount of pumpkin as possible…not always possible though.

Since he NEEDS to take his meds (PB, KBr) we needed to figure something else out. We got a little 2# (I think it is) container of Oma’s Pride beef mix thinking that maybe that would make a difference, which it definitely has.

This morning, he ate his breakfast super slow…again, i am thinking too much pumpkin…so we decided to shake things up a bit and my husband bought the Oma’s Pride chicken mix instead of the turkey. And we still got the 5-way veg, although we do also have a 3-way veg that I’ll have to use too.

So those are the recent changes. Hopefully the swelling will continue to go down and all will be well. We’re keeping a good eye on it.

On a different note, today 7/4 is the day that Topaz told the pet psychic he’d like us to celebrate his birthday, so we’re going to do so tomorrow with some yöghund frozen yogurt for dogs. We got him and Onyx the Organic Banana and Peanut Butter flavor.

Organic Banana & Peanut Butter
Our Organic Banana & Peanut Butter recipe features potassium rich bananas, which are also a great source of the prebiotic inulin, along with peanuts for flavor and antioxidants. And of course, its primary ingredient is organic, low fat yogurt with live and active cultures, complete with all the benefits of probiotics.

I’m sure they will love it! I’m going to try to get my hands on some party hats and see if we can get a photo! LOL I’ll post it if I do!!

0 comments: