"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown

Thursday, July 1, 2010

And the Swelling has returned!

With a VENGANCE!

No, it’s back though, which is NOT good. My poor puppa boy!

I noticed it when we got home from work. It’s as bad, if not worse than it was when it first swelled up.

It came on as quickly as it did last time too. Late afternoon.

I called the vet and unfortunately it wasn’t out vet who normally takes care of him and the notes from the 2nd visit didn’t make it into his file, and I basically had to ask the vet on the phone to shut it so i could explain this to her. Ugh.

Anyway, so they were supposed to call us back – they never did, btw. Nice vet.

Actually, I love the vet who sees Topaz. Unfortunately, the Vet who ran the office passed away last year and it’s been taken over by someone new and now the reg staff is almost all gone and vets are resigning. But their hours are GREAT and they can almost ALWAYS get us right in. Hopefully our vet won’t leave too.

I posted about the swelling on Facebook and the owner of The Pet Beastro commented and asked if we’d consider homeopathy.

I’ll consider anything at this point. So we got to talking and I tried to look at that side and see what I could see, and to me it really looks like the tooth. I don’t notice any ooozing or pus or even redness and he really doesn’t seem bothered by it.

So she recommended something called Apis. We picked it up from her and are going to try it. We just gave it to him (11:10pm) and will be on “seizure watch” but hopefully it will help and we’ll remain seizure free.

We’re going to stop the antibiotics for a couple days too, and let this stuff have a chance to work if it’s going to.

We did get Amoxicilian from the vet to add to the Keflex, and we’ll start that in a couple days if the swelling doesn’t improve or we see any other changes. I’m kind of leery of that, but obviously the antibiotics aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do anyway.

Surgery is scheduled for July 16th.

Swollen Topaz

Swollen Topaz

0 comments: