"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown

Monday, May 30, 2011

05/30/11–Grand Mal Cluster

I have not had to write for a long time. 274 days to be exact!!!

I don’t count the focal seizure as a seizure, but if I did it’s been over 100 days since then as well.

Around 3:00 pm on Memorial Day Topaz came to me in the computer room and had a grand mal seizure. He got through that one and went right into a second one. He was wedged in a not good area and I was sitting in my desk chair and couldn’t really get to him very well so I am not sure if he peed on himself or not. And being that it’s so hot out, I didn’t let him out right away.

My husband was outside and I needed his help so it was kind of chaotic but we got his cocktail in him and will give him another valium and two whole PB tonight when I give him his pills.

I cannot think of any triggers although we’ve had some wonky weather lately and it was really warm today. I washed the bedding on our bed. He may have gotten into the cat food a few times. And we switched to 1 pack of turkey meat – instead of chicken. Not sure about a trigger. Could be a number of things, we’ve actually been living life lately and not worrying about triggers…isn’t that how it’s supposed to be?

I will say this, the post ictal stage has been rough…he has wandered around for most of the night, been SUPER clingy, and even came to me at one point when I was SURE he was about to seize again…he didn’t, thankfully, but he was totally acting like he was going to.

Hopefully he will be better tomorrow.

0 comments: