"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pet Psychic (Communicator)

Today we took Topaz to see a Pet Psychic…well, actually we took PICTURES of him to see a pet psychic. He’s a handful and I wasn’t sure how he’d be at the store…although that would have been interesting to see!

We brought about 6 photos with us…a couple of him laying down and then 3 of him “boofing” for his dinner and one of him running in the yard. I thought those photos were totally him! I’ll post them in a different post, I have to put them on Flickr.

She explained that it was going to be basically like a conversation between us and Topaz and she was just the tool through which he was communicating with us.

This isn’t in order…

She first started out saying how she has an Aussie and asked how old he is, what his name is and how long we’ve had him. She started laughing and said that Topaz said “I am perfect, and there’s nothing to talk about”. lol

He asked who picked his name and why…I picked it and we already had Onyx, so I stayed with the gem theme (our cats at the time were candy themed) and decided on Topaz. Well, he said that he likes his name.

She asked if we had any of the photos framed that we brought in, I said no and I guess Topaz said well they should be and that he wants a giant collage of all photos of him.

She said he’s a smart ass…which I can totally believe! LOL He’s too smart for his own good, she did keep saying that.

She said we have no “Alpha” in our house as far as the animals go…Topaz said who wants that job all the time? He sure doesn’t! He said they take turns.

He said that my husband and I are animal collectors and asked if we were done? LOL I said, yes…we’re done. She also said we have a good bunch of animals right now, they all get along together and are fairly good.

She asked if there’s a cat he’s particularly close to, we both said yeah because my husband and I joke that he’s got a “bromance” going on with our kitten, Snorty…well, Topaz said that he (Snorty) needs guidance so he’s taken him under his wing…haha, so like a Big Brother program!

We asked her about his epilepsy and does he know he’s having seizures. She said he does and he tries to let us know he’s going to have them as soon as he feels like he is going to…sometimes a day or so in advance. (which he does, he comes to us and his behavior changes before he’s going to have one)

He asked if it was a little bit before he got on the medicine and it was and she said that he said it took a long time and a lot of adjustments before we found the right dose and that is true. He said that he doesn’t like going to the vet for the checks (when they check his levels) and that he feels more safe when both my husband and I take him. (He has to be muzzled and it’s a huge ordeal to get the muzzle on him and he gets all nervous…it’s not good)

He also asked how we feel when he has a seizure…well, it’s scary and we feel horrible that he has to go through them. When he asked that, the psychic said, “I don’t know why he wants to know this…he’s nosy, he wants to know everything!”. lol He also said that he was scared the one time the seizure lasted a long time. I believe that was the one time he had the 4 clusters in a row – we were scared then too.

I asked him why he doesn’t give me kisses but gives them to my husband and he said “to mess with us”. Nice. Thanks Topaz.

He said something about sleeping on the bed and she looked at my husband and asked “do you mind when I do?” (a lot of nights, my husband sleeps on the couch and I sleep with the dogs and whatever cats sleep with me too) and how come sometimes he can sleep on the bed and sometimes he can’t. I said because he’s a bed hog! LOL The he said he likes to sleep on our bed but he has to get down sometimes because he gets too hot up there and needs to sleep on the floor…and does it bother us. Nope, not at all…I’d rather him sleep on the bed, but as long as he’s close and comfortable, I’m good with it.

We asked about him nipping and biting and he described them as “love bites”. He does have that herding nature in him too. She said that he said he will herd the cats sometimes and would like to herd them all into a room together. LOL I can see that!

She asked when his birthday is, and I said that we got him in July, so we kind of celebrate then and she said that he said he wants to celebrate his birthday on July 4th and he wants cake. LOL I’ll make him a meat cake this year for sure!

She kept saying how independent he is and that he’d like to do everything for himself if he could…and the nipping is a way to say, “Hurry up mom, let me out!”

She asked out our other dog and asked if she was flighty. I don’t think she is, but my husband does. lol so I dunno…but he said she’s hyper and wants to play and that he just can’t keep up with her sometimes…even though she’s older!

I asked if he minded being in his crate and he said no and asked why he needs to be in there. I said because he gets into the trash!! She kept saying that he just likes to do things and mess with things just to do them. lol But he did say that it’s not ONLY him getting into things…LOL I said I knew they were all in cahoots together! LOL He does understand that if he’s in his crate and we’re gone and he has a seizure then he’s confined and that’s better and for us, and him, not to worry about that so much. I don’t worry as much as I used to.

He also asked about how my husband and I were doing and for us to take care of ourselves. He wants us around a long time.

Overall…it was a really awesome experience. She said some things in there that there’s no way she could have known and that we didn’t prompt her on or anything. Definitely worth the money and I’d see her again!

Here’s her link if anyone is interested: http://www.lorriethepetpsychic.com

0 comments: