"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mile Walk

My husband took the dogs today for a mile walk which is a good thing if they are used to walking that far/that long, but they aren't.

When I came home from work Topaz didn't even get up to meet me at the door, he was so exhausted!!!

I know my husband didn't mean any harm, but #1 the dog's not used to it and #2 seizure dogs have a tendency to not be able to regulate their body heat.

I immediately took him outside to the kiddie pool to help cool him off and he's back in the air conditioned house with a fan on.

Hopefully he'll be ok and I hope my husband has learned to not do that again, or else go into it gradually!!

0 comments: